Monday 29 November 2010

Zero Degrees


Just watched the whole recording of this via a friend at the Uni here who is really interested in dance. I was spellbound the whole way. I can't say what relevance this has to any of my current projects in particular, more perhaps that is has relevance to everything I like to think about in terms of making work. A beautiful collaboration between two incredible dancers Akram Khan and Sidi Larbi, the musician Nitin Sawhney who I adore and Turner Prize winner Anthony Gormley has contributed the staging - two life-size casts of the dancers. Mesmerising. Would have given a lot to have seen this live. It explores the idea of boundaries, between cultures and countries, most importantly between life and death. My friend who introduced me to this described a review which summarises the whole thing perfectly, saying it "expresses the chaos of the human soul".

No comments:

Post a Comment