Sunday 28 February 2010

Frustration

Challenges. the difficult task of trying to co-ordinate my work commitments around those of my subjects and studio availability. Was due to shoot the femme fatale archetype tomorrow and unfortunately am having to pull the plug on that this evening, due to unforeseen work commitments of my own this time. this is very frustrating and yet maybe a kind of providence (the relentless optimist in me chooses to view it this way, it's as good a take as any other i suppose!) . struggling with the kind of imagery to use for this one and had nothing definite tied down for the shoot tomorrow anyway, was relying a bit on the magic of the moment which is not the most conducive approach for studio work I hear!!. I feel pretty sure that surrealist imagery is the way to go with this but getting into the state of mind that accesses that kind of imagery is proving difficult amidst the busy stream of life. And so this evening I feel like i have hit a kind of wall, though I had predicted this would happen eventually. It is a frustrating feeling but I suppose the solution is just to stick with it, usually on the other side of walls is where the magic is! A friend sent me this earlier and I think i will leave it at this...and just keep on staring at bricks until they fall away.

"Look at a stone cutter hammering away at his rock, perhaps a hundred times without as much as a crack showing in it. Yet at the hundred-and-first blow it will split in two, and I know it was not the last blow that did it, but all that had gone before." ~Jacob A. Riis

No comments:

Post a Comment